Thursday 5 May 2011

1st day of blogging, 1st day of blogging!!!!!


Okay, so here goes!  I've gotten inspired by all the Mommy blogs (and Daddy blogs, too - shout out to Vegan Dad - the man is a GENIUS in the kitchen!) that I've been reading lately, specifically "Zach Abroad", "Slugs on the Refrigerator", and "Counting Coconuts" (I hope I'm allowed to mention blogs by name, I haven't quite figured out the whole blog thing yet, did I mention 1st time ever blogging?)!  They're all so beautifully written and such gorgeous pictures, I don't think I can equal them!  Also, thank goodness for spell check as I notice I already have 4, count 'em, 4 spelling mistakes! 

This is going to be more about the day to day activities that we do at my centre, Puddles and Mud Childcare.  I love my job!  I mean I really REALLY LOVE my job!  I look forward to my kids coming each and every day, they make my life better just by being a part of it.  I can't imagine doing anything else other than childcare.  I've been working with kids since WAY before Owen was even born and he's 9 (gasp!) now!   

I know there are a lot of centres that follow a specific philosophy of Child Care, but I'm just not that strict.  I tend to take what I like about various ideals and combine them into my own personal philosophy, if that makes any sense.  So Puddles and Mud is what I like to call "Waldorf-Reggio Emilia mash up-with a dash of Montessori activities on the side".  Sadly, I can't explain it any better than that!  So there ya go!  I'm hoping whatever pics I post will explain it better, yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment