Wednesday 25 May 2011

Gardening 101

Oh look!  I can change the font!  Who knew?  It's a different font for every post for me from now on!  Woohooooo!

You know what, this font looks exactly the same as the other one.  What's up with that?


But I digress.


So since it's Spring and whatnot, the kids and I decided that it was once again time to try to do a garden, or in our case, many small pots of gardens!  And with thanks to Opa Peter and Grandma Peggy for bringing them and Ashley for planting everything (yay Dear!), we have tomatoes and strawberries and sunflowers galore!  We even have a worm composter!  Let the growing commence!


I have pics but it would appear that the add-photos-option isn't working right now.  My pictures keep getting rejected.  They're feeling sad now, need some chocolate.....  I'll try to post another time.

Cheers,

Christy

Okay, pics are working now!  Huzzah!

Oooh, look!  Worms!

What the worm level of the worm composter looks like.  Our worms eat coffee grounds and mushed bananas!  Our worms like caffeine!

We sprinkled wild flower seeds in this planter.

One of the 5 tomato plants brought to us from Opa!

Pansies, marigolds, and sunflowers, oh my!

Raspberry plants, 1 of 3!  We'd really like to eat some delicious berries!

Strawberries, from Grandma Peggy!  Can't wait to yum these up!  We have to keep an eye out for slugs though!

The 2 backyard composters!



No comments:

Post a Comment